Information in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages
A number of linguists are collating COVID or COVID-19 resources in Australian Indigenous languages and in English aimed at Indigenous communities in remote areas.
- Department of Health messages in Pitjantjatjara, Western Arrernte, Warlpiri and a host of radio messages in languages across Australia.
- Northern Territory Government messages about coronavirus and washing your hands in 17 Aboriginal languages.
- ABC produces Kriol news bulletins include the most recent news on COVID-19.
- ICTV NT government message in Yolngu matha. Why Worriors PTY LTD also produced a number of resources explaining the virus, its spread, origin and transmission in Yolngu Matha.
- Northern Land Council has a youtube channel with coronavirus message in 17 Indigenous languages Anmatyerr, Alyawarr, Andilyakwa, Burarra, Central Arrernte, Eastside Kriol, Kunwinjku, Maung, Murrinh Patha, Ngarinyman, Pitjanjatjara, Tiwi, Warlpiri, Warumungu, Western Arrarnta, Westside Kriol, Yolngu Matha, and other related content.
- NPY Women’s Council provided Facebook messages for desert communities by male and female speakers.
- KAMS recorded resources in Kimberley Kriol and there is also an animation, AI WA has a Facebook message in Kriol.
- Kanyirninpa Jukurrpa (KJ) produced resources in Martu Wangka.
- AH&MRC video on Deadly hand washing by Tyson Demos and Baker Boy raps a Covid-19 message.
Posters and other visual resources
- Western Australian Government provides posters: Stay Strong, Elders Protected Area, Family Protected Area, AHCWA COVID-19 Prevention.
- Australian Government Department of Health provides a tool kit including: posters such as Know the signs, Stop the spread, social media tiles and images to download and use.
- Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council has many resources including posters, booklets and email signatures.
- The Northern Territory produced posters in several languages and some health messages are also translated into Warlpiri.
- COVID poster generator for many Indigenous languages. Please help to add to language resources.
Government Covid-19 information
This website provides current status, symptoms, how to protect yourself and others, advice for people at risk and in the aged care sector, and government responses. The department developed a specific health related Management Plan for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Populations. There are also resources like FAQs, factsheets and posters. More recently a presentation on the impact of COVID-19 in remote and regional settings was added.
This website provides information about relief packages for employees, families, business, advice for landlords and people renting, alerts, new regulations and new mobile applications to stay informed.
NIAA provides information such as announcements by the Minister for Indigenous Australians, news and resources. These include information for businesses and providers including for grant recipients and for individuals including on protecting of yourself and others, on the CDP scheme, and about health and support services.
Western Australian Government Pilbara
The WA Government has published the website recov19er with specific information for the Pilbara and greater region for traditional owner groups and communities. It contains news, links resources such as notes of weekly teleconferences between agencies and organisations to update on developments.
Other agencies' COVID-19 websites
This site provides health response plans, support services, Infection control information for healthcare workers, and COVID-19 training (requires free registration).
NACCHO provides updates, resources (Medicine and Pharmacy, Stop the spread, COVID-19 Advisory group communiques).
ORIC provides information on temporary provisions to support corporations and their governance such as annual reporting, holding and passing resolutions, using technology for meetings and communication, and other useful information on employment issues, relief for financially distressed business.
The Institute of Community Directors Australia (ICDA)
Indigenous Business Australia (IBA)
IBA has teamed up with Terry Janke & Company and 33 Creative to produce four videos on managing your business during the COVID-19 pandemic. Topics include employer obligations, financial responsibilities, managing contracts and insolvency trading.
The PBC website provides technical solutions for working within COVID restrictions.
Lotterywest has announced a $159 million COVID-19 Relief Fund to respond to hardship.
Philanthropy Australia and ACF created a National Funding Portal where charities can register their funding needs and philanthropic funders can connect with the funding opportunities available to tackle COVID-19.
Impact on native title proceedings
A recent court case has held that applications to adjourn a court hearing because of COVID-19 restrictions may be acceptable. The decision also provides guidance on acceptable forms of tele/video conferencing.