There are a range of publicly available information resources that might be of use to PBCs. These resources include:
- PBC funding and training guides
- Governance toolkits
- Rulebook toolkits and guides
PBC Funding and Training Guides
The NTRU has compiled toolkits for Registered Native Title Bodies Corporate (RNTBCs). These toolkits have been created to assist native title holders to access information and resources regarding funding and training opportunities that may be relevant to their RNTBCs.
The need for funding information was highlighted in the 2007 Australian Government report 'Structures and Processes of Prescribed Bodies Corporate’ (Recommendation 2).
National PBC Funding and Training Guide
The national guide provides information and access to:
- resources about funding (including searching for government and non-government funding),
- relevant funding for PBCs available through government sector sorted by subject,
- resources identifying PBC funding assistance sorted by subject,
- grant writing assistance, and
- training information.
Click on image below to download the national toolkit.
|National PBC Funding & Training Guide PDF 713Kb|
State and Territory PBC Funding and Training Guides
These guides provide state and territory specific information about funding sources and training providers in each state and territory.
Click on images below to download the relevant state toolkit.
PBC Fact sheets
The Aurora Project has produced a series of fact sheets from PBC training courses. These fact sheets include:
- PBCs working in two worlds
- Future Acts
- Right to negotiate
- Indigenous land use agreements
- Free prior and informed consent and decision-making
- Communication tools
- Legal requirements for PBC consultation and decision-making
Reconciliation Australia has developed an online governance toolkit designed for RNTBCs. The toolkits covers basics of governance like rules and regulations as well as examples of ideas that work from other organisations. To access the toolkit please click here.
Rulebook Toolkits and Guides
The Rule Book: Condensed
ORIC have produced a guide to writing rules for RNTBCs. It deals with the legislative requirements placed on native title holders. This helps RNTBC Directors make a rule book (constitution) which is something the law needs them to do.
Guide to writing good governance rules for PBCs and RNTBCs
ORIC have produced a guide to writing good governance rules for RNTBCs. It deals with the legislative requirements placed on native title holders. This helps RNTBC Directors write good rules and think about how best to run the RNTBC.
- Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations, A guide to writing good governance rules for prescribed bodies corporate and registered native title bodies corporate, Canberra, May 2008.
Office of the Registrations of Indigenous Corporations’ Fact Sheets
These are short papers that explain native title as well as the job of RNTBC Governors and how to run RNTBC meetings.
- Fact sheet: Native Title, June 2010
- Fact sheet: What’s in the corporation’s rule book?, June 2010
- Fact sheet: Duties of directors and other officers, June 2010
- Fact sheet: Meetings, January 2012
The NTRU welcomes feedback from users of the toolkit. If you have any suggestions for additional information to be included in these resources, or new resources that might assist your representatives to engage with the RNTBC sector.
If you have suggestions as to what will be useful please contact us.